Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Guilty until proven innocent

I have received a couple of anonymous e-mails that suggested that I'm a jerk for "taking up for criminals" and the like, and that anyone held in Dallas County Jail is there for a reason.

True, they're all there for a reason, but it isn't always because they're guilty of a crime.

Let me remind the anonymous e-mailers - aka wimps - that there are quite a few people in jail who are awaiting trial. They haven't been able to make bail for some reason or another. And a fairly large percentage of these inmates will either see the charges dropped, dismissed, or downgraded to a misdemeanor. Hands up, everyone who has NEVER committed a misdemeanor.

I rest my case. I still welcome all comments, but all of you who choose to do so anonymously, do yourself a favor and grow a spine.

No comments: